Friday, May 23, 2014

God The Thinker

God ....who is God? He must have been a thinker...realizing all He was going to do in creation. When I ponder on these things, I think about how He could have 'made' us to worship Him, adore Him and honor Him in all things. It would have been easier on Him if He would have made us without 'choice', but that was not His desire. And He would not have been disappointed in me, hurt by my lack of living for Him daily. He would not have to listen to my repentant prayers. But most of all, He would not have had to send His Son to die for me on the cross! He could have made us perfect and not have a choice, if He had wanted to do that. 

Notice the last point...'if He had wanted to do that.' He had a choice to make us anyway He wanted, and He did. He made us so much like Himself, He gave us a choice, the choice to worship Him freely. The honor and praise He receives, because we want to do those things, are so much more meaningful! 

Aren't we the same way? When I tell my husband of 46 years, "You didn't tell me you loved me today." He smiles and says, "I love you." I always reply with, "That doesn't count, I made you say it!" It just isn't the same as when he says it freely, without the request. 

We need to guard our hearts. Proverbs 4:23  "Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it." 

We have a choice in what we say, in what we do and where we go. We need to remember to do the things that God Himself would/could have created us to say, do and go...if He had wanted to created us in that manner. If we have a decision to make, why not think about it in this way, "If God had created me not to have that choice, what would I do?" The answer to the decision will be to do what is right in the eyes of the Lord.

When we do those things, in honor and for God, we are blessed and we can bless others'  lives. When we choose not to do those things, we miss out on what He has in store for us.

When God created the earth, animals and mankind....He was thinking of us. He wanted us to love Him unselfishly, He wanted to give back to us blessings and His love. He thought of us before creation began...knowing He would give us a choice and we would fail...knowing He would make a way of forgiveness by sending His Son. He had a choice how to create us. He created us so much like Himself, He gave us a choice as well.

Above all things, He loved us enough to create us with a choice, He loved us enough to provide salvation, and He still loves us to go and prepare a place for us. He is a great God, Who is a thinker...thinking about His children.

'Above All'
Above all powers
Above all kings
Above all nature
And all created things
Above all wisdom
And all the ways of man
You were here
Before the world began

Above all kingdoms
Above all thrones
Above all wonders
The world has ever known
Above all wealth
And treasures of the earth
There's no way to measure
What You're worth

Crucified
Laid behind a stone
You lived to die
Rejected and alone
Like a rose
Trampled on the ground
You took the fall
And thought of me
Above all
Michael W. Smith

Blessings,
gs

No comments:

Post a Comment