Sunday, July 7, 2013

Arroggance vs Confidence

Often in life we look ahead and ponder what God has in store.  With Him giving me the little book, "Round Eyes" to write, I was so afraid of people thinking I am something I am not.  God gave it, and He knew long ago, when we adopted our son, that there was more to come.
Beth Moore says to 'flee from arrogance, but whatever you do, hold tightly to the confidence you have in Christ'.  In other words, if Christ tells you to do something, it is in Him that you can do it anyway, be confident in it.
The enemy will try to steal your joy and devour the glory for God.  Be aware of those who allow the darkness to use them.
Hebrews 10:35-36 "Do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God's will.  Then you will receive all the He has promised." 
How can God continue to trust us to do anything if we are afraid to move forward with Him?
Be still, listen...what is God telling you to do?  Are you afraid of what someone will say? Are you afraid you are not qualified? Remember, if God is with you, who can be against you?

Be encouraged that He is with you all the way.
Paul said it like this in 1 Cor. 15:10  " Whatever I am now, it is all because God poured out His special favor on me...and not without results.  For I have worked hard than any of the other apostle; yet it was not I but Go who was working through me by His grace. "

Bragging? No! Paul was giving God the glory, honor and praise. SO...I tell you now...Listen and do what He is calling you to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment