Friday, May 20, 2016

No Greater Love

When I hear sweet songs about the great love of God, my heart would almost stop if it wasn't leaping in the spirit! God's love is far beyond imaginable to our little earthly minds. 

When we were deployed to Louisiana once, a man came up to me and shared about his death experience. First let me explain that I do believe in these experiences because I too believe in life after death. However, I am always cautious to not let the devil take me on a trip down the wrong path when someone starts to share their stories with me. I can often tell the difference in the beginning when it is too much of 'I did this' or 'I know this' stuff. Because I believe when you die and go to heaven, the love and focus is so much on God, you forget about yourself and bask in Him. 

Now, back to this gentleman's story of heaven: He said to me, "Ginger, you just cannot put into words or imagine the love that is felt there." He continued, "I love my wife very much, but that love is nothing compared to the love of God which surrounded my very being. My soul was full of Him from the top of my head to my toes, I could feel the love. I felt like I even breathed in the love and it exhaled from my nostrils!" His eyes watered and tears slowly trickled down his cheeks as he remembered the experience. 

This past week Denny and I were watching a Christian television show and they spoke of Abraham going to the mountain to sacrifice his son, as God had commanded him to do. Now Abraham was obedient in what God had asked him to do, even when he loved his child beyond measure, he was willing. I love my children and grandchildren so much. I am thankful God does not ask us to do this act. 

Gen. 22:2 "Take your son," He said, "your only son Isaac, whom you love, go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains I will tell you about." 

Other gods had been given sacrifices in the past that included humans, even children, during that era. 

But, notice one difference here with Abraham, God stopped him from giving his son back to God. God gave him an animal for the sacrificial blood. 

As this was being shown on television, my mind ran off again in another direction as it often does. It dawned on me of this scenario of Abraham and what I had never seen before! (now I know you probably already know this, but I am going to share it anyway!)

God asked (already knowing He was going to tell Abraham to stop) for his son, Isaac, to be sacrificed. 

God knew He would provide the temporary sacrifice, a ram in the thicket.

But further more, I think God was thinking some things....

He knew Abraham's son was not the supreme sacrifice, it had to be, HIS SON, Jesus!

He asked for Abraham's son, but then He gave His own son for all of us to be the supreme sacrifice! 

That is how great His love is for us here on earth. I just can't imagine heaven, if it is greater there like they say!

Maybe that is why He tells us to love each other. So we can get used to the love overflowing He has for us. 

I am going to try to make a habit of loving people more and sharing His love by doing this. So you all better watch out, I have some loving to do! Hope you all will take this and do the same. 

Please respond to this in love!! :) 

Blessings,
gs


No comments:

Post a Comment