Thursday, January 30, 2014

Ten Little Lights or The Burning Bush?

Last Sunday morning, our children's pastor, Bro Alan, was preparing to lead the children in the song "This Little Light of Mine". He held up his 'little light' and asked the children how many had a 'little light.' One precious little boy blurted out, "I have ten of them!" and he held up all ten fingers! This got a big chuckle from the congregation! 
Then, with our pastor out of town, Bro Alan preached our sermon. He did a wonderful job and even started out the service with a partial showing of the "Ten Commandments" with Charlton Heston! This is when I really started to be touched, when the burning bush was telling 'Moses' (God knew his name!) to take off his shoes, he was standing on Holy ground. Let us notice several things here: the burning bush was not consumed; God knew his name; Moses asked God what His name was; God answered, "I Am'. 
In putting the morning's service into perspective, I thought a lot about the burning bush and the 'Holy' ground. If we as Christians had the Spirit of God inside us, we would be liken to a burning bush! Not that we would be God or even like Him, but as the bush itself. We should be burning with the flame of the Spirit and not be consumed, but to shine before the world itself. We should be walking with Him on Holy ground, so others could see the great 'I Am' in our lives. 
I thought back to the precious little boy in church. He basically preached the sermon in that innocent outburst, that we all thought was so cute. We should not be just partially on fire Christians, with just one little light! We should be Christians on fire with all ten!! He spoke so boldly, it made me wonder if God Himself, the great I AM, had put those words in that little fellas mouth...just to get our attention!
Moses doubted his ability to do what God asked him. Don't we all doubt? Sure, we do! But 'I AM' will be with us, just like He promised Moses! 
Exodus 4:10-12   "But Moses replied to the Lord, "Please, Lord, I have never been eloquent—either in the past or recently or since You have been speaking to Your servant because I am slow and hesitant in speech." Yahweh said to him, “Who made the human mouth? Who makes him mute or deaf, seeing or blind? Is it not I, Yahweh?  Now go! I will help you speak and I will teach you what to say.”

Let us all go out, trusting in Him Who will help us speak and what to say. Let us all stand boldly, as a child, and let all ten of our lights shine! 

Blessings,
gs

No comments:

Post a Comment