Saturday, June 22, 2013

Walking in this world....

Wow! A few days ago I was doing my devotional and listening to a man on tv doing a bible study.  I am sorry I do not remember his name, but he was from Arkansas.  Anyway, he was teaching in the book of Jude and went off on a rabbit trail...just for me.  He strayed from Jude to the book of John beginning with chapter thirteen and I will just start with verse 8, where Jesus was going to wash Peter's feet. 

Now, I must admit, if Jesus were to say to me, let me wash your feet, I would be just like Peter and say "No way!"  But, Jesus goes on, when Peter then asked for Him to bathe him, to explain that Peter was already cleansed, but his feet were dirty.

The thoughts that were opened up to me were truly an awakening.....this could clearly be the way we are as spirit and flesh on this earth.   We are forgiven, we have been cleansed (by the washing of our sin, by the blood of Jesus), but we continue to walk in this dusty (sinful) world and our feet (sins) need to be washed everyday. 

Lord, help me to never keep the dust on my feet, but allow you to wash them clean everyday.  Thank you for Who you are and giving of yourself to die for me....to give me the Living Water that washes over me. 

Giving God Glory
gs

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this eye opener...

    ReplyDelete