Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Devestation and Pain vs Peace and Comfort

This week I was speaking with a friend who had just been diagnosed with cancer.  The peace of moving forward with whatever happens is from the Lord.  But, the endurance of the physical pain she is facing is a challenge. 

Also, this week we heard of the Colorado fires on the news, this reminds me of them last year.  We were sent there with the Billy Graham Rapid Response Team to give hope in the midst of the burnt ashes.  Then, before we left CO, the Aurora shooting happened.  The pain...in the hearts for those who had lost homes and everything they owned and then the ones who had lost their loved ones or injured at the theater. 

The pain of this world hurts so badly sometimes, we ache physically.  We ask, "How can we make it this time?"  We wonder what the news will be on tv, only to hear more pain.  We live in a world of pain and suffering, disease and death, hurt and loss. 

But in Psalms 23, He promises to be with us in the valley, His rod and staff they will comfort us.  He will be with us, even when we are surrounded by the Enemy, He will take care of us.  Psalms 23 is a scripture I had to memorized in 4th grade, in a public school!  This scripture is still close to my heart, because we can rely on it during good or hard times. 

Yes, we go thru this world, but we are only travelers...we are not home yet!  We also have the best Guide that a traveler can have..Jesus Christ.  Lean on Him and let Him carry you through whatever you are going through. 
Pslam 23 NASB
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want,
He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters.
He restores my soul, He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His names sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; 
Your rod and staff comfort me.  You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil, my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the 
Lord forever

No comments:

Post a Comment