Monday, May 30, 2016

Yellow Rose Surprise!!

This afternoon I had an unusual, pleasant, never seen before surprise! I went out to water my roses that we had transplanted to a sunny spot, since they apparently did not like where I had planted them two years ago. They had struggled to live the past 24 months and were about to give up. My husband was going to dig them up anyway, so might as well give them another chance. 

They have perked up, reaching upward as the sunrise catches them each morning, rising to the noonday sky. They cool for a bit in the shade of the trees for about an hour before the setting sun peaks through and bathes them again in it's light. 

Today, as I walked around the house lugging the hose pipe (water hose for those of you in the north, lol ) to spray them with the cool water, I almost tripped over my feet with surprise!
There among the little red rose buds and a couple of weeds, bloomed a beautiful yellow rose! Now how in the world did that yellow rose come up from those transplanted red roses? I am so excited!! For you see, the yellow rose is my very favorite rose of all!! 

The yellow rose stands tall and proud...any rose can be a red rose, but it take something special to be different and be yellow. My daddy only gave me one rose in his lifetime. I was riding around with him one day and he had to stop at Roper's Florist, because he had been doing some work for Mr. Roper. He told me to stay in his truck and he would be right back out. He came out with a tissue paper and handed it to me. As I unwrapped it, it was a long stem yellow rose, a moment I will never forget! 

As I stood there, staring at this rose today, I thought about we as Christians, living among the thorns and weeds in this world. There were other roses there, ordinary red roses, budding and blooming as they do. But then, there among them was one that was different, it stood out with it's glow and grace. The yellow rose had somehow come forth after the transplant and bloomed right among the reds! 

We should be like that rose, we should bloom right where we are planted. We are God's flowers and He gives us all we need to be nourished among the ordinary people. But we as Christians should stand out with a glow and grace as we reflect the light that shines on us. 

I just pray that one day I will have the beauty inside as much as the yellow rose does on the outside. I will never look at a rose again without thinking about my own life and am I growing for Him. 

Blessings,
gs


No comments:

Post a Comment