Friday, April 11, 2014

A Life Changed by the Spirit

"A man showed up on Sunday afternoon in the parking lot and a chaplain started a conversation with him. He shared that he was from Missouri but was basically headed to nowhere. He came back on Monday to volunteer with Samaritan's Purse. After the man had worked hard all day helping to clean up tornado debris, the chaplain saw him that night sleeping in his car in the Walmart parking lot. He came to volunteer the next day and the next, working hard everyday with the Samaritan's Purse teams. One morning a chaplain went to him and he wanted to share his life. He had left his wife because she had not forgiven him for things he had done in the past. He said he still loved her and did not know where to turn and he 'just happened' to see a group of people and stopped. (we know God steered him there) After he shared his life, the chaplain shared Jesus and how He forgives and loves us. The 33 year old man, crying, asked Jesus to forgive him and to come into his life. The chaplain encouraged the man to contact his wife and share with her what he had done. He came to the church that night to eat with the teams and shared that he planned to work one more day and head home. His wife is not a christian, but we know God is working in this young man's life, and pray that this house will be one that is changed to serve the Lord."

This is one of many stories where we have see people trying to run from life itself. Trying to find happiness on their own. We have friends who tried filling their lives with Civic organizations and political affairs, trying to fill the void in their lives. They found out, as most do, that we cannot do life on our own and find peace in our spirit. Now they have given their life to the Lord and are serving faithfully. The emptiness in our spirit can only be filled when we meet Jesus and allow His Spirit to come live in us...to fill the emptiness and void.

Romans 8:9- "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His"

We were created in His likeness, by Him. Until the creation is completed, when the Spirit comes in to us, we are searching for answers and fulfillment. What about you? Are you searching and finding no peace? We can run, hide, and seek looking for activities to fill us, but the only way we can be filled is by the One Who created us.

Change your life and be filled with His Presence. No one can fail to be bold and eager in witness when the Spirit is producing in him overflowing joy, perpetual gratitude and humble love. O how we need to be filled with the Spirit! Let’s seek it! Pursue it!

Blessings,
gs

3 comments:

  1. Amen, yielding to and walking in the Spirit brings fulfillment once and for all. It brings rest to the weary traveler and hope to the thirsty soul. One day we shall take that final step that carries us from this temporal plain into the eternal realm where all that have gone before us await our arrival; it is then we shall see the full fruit, the full flower in its' glorious bloom. Heaven, our home, the place where even the dirt is alive and praises the King of kings. I did get a sneak preview at the young age of 28, life there is so much more then what we experience here, all that comes to mind after being there is "even the dirt is alive." Sounds silly I know, but I've sought words to better explain it and am still left with this simple word. One important thing I returned with is that the life there can be experienced here if we will simply walk in the Spirit. Simple submission will produce this life, whereas mans attempt to produce the same through the increase of knowledge fails miserably to do so. I'm rattling on like an old preacher now, so I'll stop. I love what you wrote sister Ginger. The peace of God be with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you brother for your comment. I would love to hear the 'rest of your story' even though we may be in eternity before we get to share! We do know of near death or death experiences and I certainly believe in them, but I also (like you) know that our God is Alive and Well and is working in our lives daily. We must seek Him and be aware He is there! Like you said, we just need to submit to Him. And one more thing, I love rattling old preachers! Bless you brother and again thank you. My website is gingersanders.com
      Blessings and prayers...Ginger

      Delete
    2. I'll share the entire event with you some day Sister Ginger, there are many parts to it that really are pretty comical, like one spot I was at I call "The Bus Stop" I don't know how else to put it! Also, mine was not a near death, I was gone long enough that when my body was located it was stone cold stiff dead. The Lord sent my spirit back and I was able to watch the entire raising from an elevated spot in the room. Funny how when you're out of your body faith in God is not an issue at all! I was up there watching and listening to how the group of Christians were handling the situation; I kept saying to them, "My God men, where is your faith." "Simply tell the thing to rise in the name of Jesus." Finally a man at the back of the room stepped forward and did just that, the last thing I remembered was my spirit being sucked like a vacuum into the body. I'll never forget the looks on their faces, some of them even ran from the room. The first thought that came to mind when I was back was, "Lord, although I am alive, I feel as though I have just died." After being a part of the life in heaven, this life somehow did not appear to be living at all. It took me some time to adjust and move forward away from this feeling. I had to come to a place where I truly had to trust Him and His Wisdom. The Grace of God be with you Sister Ginger.

      Delete