Saturday, March 22, 2014

Flowing Waters

Some people enjoy the mountains and the woods, but for me it is being on the water. I love the peace and serenity of the water. I enjoy fishing more than eating them. Just the challenge of feeling the tug at the other end of the line and knowing I may win the battle! I think Jesus enjoyed being around the water as well. Didn't He go to the fishing boats to recruit his disciples? Didn't he preach from a boat?

People need water for many reasons, drinking and cleansing for the physical body, but also the spiritual body is referenced in His Word. The scriptures say in John 4:1 "But whoever drinks from the water I give him, will never be thirsty again" and in Ezekiel 36:25 "I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleanness." John 7:38 "Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water" tells us He is alive in us. 

We have the promise of Him being with us in the storms Isaiah 43:2 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you."

There is a lot in God's messages to us about the waters. Maybe that is why I feel so peaceful when I am by the water. When we started looking for a house, when my husband retired, we searched the internet for a house on the water, a place to relax and enjoy. We have been out in the fishing boat and we don't have to say a word, just enjoy the beauty of creation. Sometimes, God will allow us to see Him, like the day we saw a doe and her fawn playing in the edge of the water as we drifted pass. They did not even notice we were there, as they drank and splashed nearby. 

Water is needed for survival on this earth. Organizations are in many places, bringing fresh, clean water to villages. In this same manner, the water Jesus spoke of is needed for eternal life. 

After a very prominent attorney accepted Christ one day, he told me he felt warm and filled inside, but he said he couldn't explain his physical feeling. I was able to share with him, that he is now filled with the true living Spirit of God, that he now has the living water that Jesus was talking about flowing through his veins...like the blood of Jesus. He got so excited, knowing that the One true God lives in him now! 

The scriptures guarantee that this water will be with us through eternity, Rev. 22:17 "Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb."

My husband and his family used to sing this song....and it radiates the warmth of Christ.

Peace Like a River

Peace (peace like a river) like a river (peace like a river)
Flows (flows through my soul) through my soul (flows through my soul)
I've (I've been forgiven) been forgiven (I've been forgiven)
Cleansed (cleansed and made whole) and made whole (cleansed and made whole)

Chorus:
Peace like a river so gently is flowing
How sweet to my soul is this marvelous peace
Sweeter and sweeter each day it is growing
Like billows of glory it never shall cease

Filled (filled with the spirit) with the spirit (filled with the spirit)
I (I am so glad) am so happy (happy and glad)
Jesus (Jesus has given) has given (sweetly has given)
Wonderful (wonderful peace) peace (wonderful peace)

Peace (peace gently flowing) gently flowing (peace gently flowing)
Sweet (sweet and divine) and divine (sweet and divine)
This (this the assurance) the assurance (this the assurance)
Jesus (Jesus is mine) is mine (Jesus is mine)


Now...let's go fishing!

Blessings,
gs

1 comment: