Thursday, October 3, 2013

The "Comma"






The "Comma"



Several years ago, I was reading John 10:10 and it bounced right off the page at me!  It hit me as never before...it was like I was reading it for the first time in my life!  Sure I had heard it said and even preached before:

" The thief cometh not, but that he may steal, and kill, and destroy: I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly,"

but had never really grasped what it meant.

Satan will steal, kill and destroy all the joy, peace and hope you have within you.  But Jesus came that they may have life......eternal life.  That is what He promised, so that those of us who are born again believers will have the joy, peace and hope that only He can give.   

But, He did not stop there...he put a comma in and then He said.. that they may have it (life) abundantly!!! That is what I am talking about!!! The part after we have accepted Him as our Savior, we are to make Him Lord..so He give us the ABUNDANT life!! 

Some Christians are satisfied, accepting Him as their Savior and having the security of heaven, but then they settle down in that hammock of life, the comma, and miss the abundant life here on earth!!

Now, I will admit, things happen in our lives....like having a motorcycle wreck, that put us in the hammock, but that is only short term...and even then, the hammock is swinging...being pushed by the love, prayers and encouragement of our friends and loved ones.  

My husband and I have discussed this many times before, that if there was no promise of eternal life or heaven, having the abundant life that He gives us and knowing Jesus is walking with us everyday, would be worth knowing Him.  I truly don't know how anyone can get through the heartaches this world throws at them, without Jesus.  Satan does seek to kill, steal, and destroy, but once you get to the hammock, it is like being in the arms of Jesus.  He folds up around you and holds your whole body, cradling you, being supported by the 'Tree of Life'.  He loves us so much, He wants even more for us, beyond the hammock...as good as it is...it gets better.  For He walks down every path we trod on this earth.

Where are you in your life with Him?  Do you know for sure you have the promise heaven?  Are you stuck before the comma?  Are you swinging in the comma of life, not reaching beyond to the abundant?  Look around you.....He is waiting to surround you, to give you His love, more than you can possibly comprehend.  

Hugging you all in my heart, 
gs





No comments:

Post a Comment