Friday, August 16, 2013

God Answers Prayers, even after we are gone?

That profound statement hit me 'God answers prayers, even after we are gone'.  Then, as I think back, I remember my Mother (people called her Ducky!) praying for hours, the week before she died, for everyone she had ever met.  Her prayers were especially for her children and grandchildren (she passed away before any of my children were born).  But, God knew and saw the lives to come...and He has not forgotten her prayers.  
All of her children, and grandchildren have accepted Christ and continue to serve Christ.  Now, as her great grandchildren are growing up, they have accepted Christ and are baptized. 

You see it is never too late (or early) to pray for someone.  Time passes quickly and we may not see the results, but God hears and answers prayers.  He knows our hearts and hears us when we cry out to Him.  Don't give up on a loved one.  

Some have asked for prayer this week on specific things, wisdom and direction in their lives, finances, sick family members, addictions...those prayers have gone up...and I believe with all my heart and soul, He heard and will answer those prayers.  I may not ever know the answers or see the answers while I am here on this earth, but that does not mean our Father in Heaven is not working on them.  

You see it is not the prayer warrior who is in the miracle works or the business of answering prayers, but the Holy Father....and it is in Him we trust and have faith.  

Won't it be glorious in heaven when we have eternity to hear all the 'rest of the stories' from those we prayed for?  I think my sweet Mother will rejoice when she gets to meet, face to face, her grandchildren and great grandchildren that she prayed for over 45 years ago on earth (some of which she never met!).  

Keep praying, never give up.  God is the One True God, He is in control and let's continue to Praise Him and give Him honor....even when we don't immediately see the answers.  For you see, He already knows the 'rest of the story'!  
God Bless you all!! 
GS

No comments:

Post a Comment